Your Privacy is Important to Us
At Trucking Human Resources Canada (THRC) the protection of your personal information has always been a top priority. THRC's Policy regarding the collection, use and disclosure, if any, of personal information can be broken down into the 10 principles covered in
- THRC is responsible for personal information under its control.
- All employees are responsible for day-to-day compliance.
- When we use trusted third parties to act on our behalf by performing such functions as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, processing credit card payments or providing customer service, contractual or other appropriate means are used to ensure compliance by such third parties with this Policy and all applicable privacy laws.
- Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other web sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
2. IDENTIFYING PURPOSES
- Unless the purpose is self-evident due to the nature of the transaction in question, THRC will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
- The proposed purposes will be described in a reasonably understandable manner.
- An example of a self-evident purpose is requesting the name and address of the person placing an order in order to ensure proper delivery.
- We will collect, use or disclose your personal information only with your knowledge and consent, except where required or permitted by law.
4. LIMITING COLLECTION
- The collection of personal information by THRC will be limited to what is necessary for the purposes which it identifies.
- We will collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
5. LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE, AND RETENTION
- Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required or permitted by law.
- It will be retained only as long as necessary for these purposes or as required by law.
- We will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- THRC will protect personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including through the use of the following measures: physical (e.g., locked filing cabinets, restricted access, appropriate disposal of personal information), organizational (e.g., security clearances, access only on a "need to know" basis), technological (e.g., passwords, encryption) and training of employees.
- Information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information will be made readily available to individuals.
9. INDIVIDUAL ACCESS
- Upon request, THRC will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of personal information relating to you, and give you access to that information. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your information and have it amended as appropriate.
- However, in certain circumstances permitted by law, this information will not be disclosed to you. Some examples of these circumstances are information that contains references to other individuals, that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, or that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege.
- We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of seventeen or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under the age of seventeen, please do not attempt to register or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under the age of seventeen, we will remove that information as quickly as possible.
10. CONTACTING US AND/OR CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
- For anything to do with this Policy, including questions or comments, or to challenge our compliance with this Policy, please contact us as follows:
Trucking Human Resources Canada
203 - 720, ch.
- THRC will inform individuals who make enquiries or lodge complaints about its enquiry or complaint procedures, as applicable. If a complaint is found to be justified, we will take appropriate measures, including, if necessary, amending our policies and practices.
This Policy is subject to PIPEDA and/or any other applicable privacy laws.